Buddhi Free
Enlightenment under the Buddhi Free
O&M Diaries: Portfolio Ads
Categories: General

Today I finally got the portfolio work I’d done at O&M. The work includes a 3 ad campaign for Cisco, and 2 posters for Eno.

Cisco-Multinational

Cisco-Family

Cisco-Interaction

Eno-Godzilla(This one contains a typo, which needs to be fixed–the line should read “Digest anything”, instead of the current “Digests Anything”)

Eno-Graveyard

I only wrote the copy for the Cisco ads (two of them atleast, with my boss witting the third to make it a campaign. I’ll leave it up to you to decide who wrote which one). How it works is like this–they give you a set of 6 visuals, and you need to come up with an empathetic, sophisticated story around that visual, which you then generalize to get the copy.

For Eno, I conceived the idea and wrote that short line you see at the end.

(Feedback appreciated)

32 Comments to “O&M Diaries: Portfolio Ads”

1. Cisco ads 2 and 3 were done by you.

2. Cisco ads 2 and 3 were done by you.

3. rach says:

haha! wrong! Cisco ad 3 was done by my boss! can’t you make out the difference in the quality of the writing?

4. rach says:

5. I thought you’d be more likely to write about school reunions than that guy, given that fact that you’re such an ossum organizer of those kinda events.

6. I thought you’d be more likely to write about school reunions than that guy, given that fact that you’re such an ossum organizer of those kinda events.

7. rach says:

btw, what do you think of them?

8. rach says:

btw, what do you think of them?

9. Cisco was awesome of course! The Godzilla Eno ad reminded me of a Bingo chips TVC. Graveyard one was funny! What about the Vodafone ad you did?

10. Cisco was awesome of course! The Godzilla Eno ad reminded me of a Bingo chips TVC. Graveyard one was funny! What about the Vodafone ad you did?

11. rach says:

i only have copies of the stuff they executed as part of student work…didn’t even ask them for copies of the others…

12. rach says:

13. So which category was the Vodafone ad done in the? Sucking-up-to-the-boss work?

14. So which category was the Vodafone ad done in the? Sucking-up-to-the-boss work?

15. rach says:

no ass, in the actual client work category. you know, the kinda work agencies like to take up now and then (between student work, of course) which actually leads to revenue for them…?

16. rach says:

17. You mean to say ‘studetn work’ isn’t actually used in any ad campaign and is done just for practice?

18. You mean to say ‘studetn work’ isn’t actually used in any ad campaign and is done just for practice?

19. rach says:

yep…they have an option of using it/pitching it to clients…it’s just work done to build up a ‘database’ of ideas which can, at a later date, be tapped…

20. rach says:

21. Harsh says:

Non existant reading habits…..

Me.

22. Harsh says:

Non existant reading habits…..

Me.

23. rach says:

that, my dear friend, applies more to you :p

24. rach says:

that, my dear friend, applies more to you :p

25. Bhavika says:

I like the Eno ones (very amusing), ‘distances never divide’ and ‘home businesses can also be multinationals’. I sort of got it that the third one was your boss’, the writing style is more mature. Also, you began with ‘Welcome to a place where…’, your boss didn’t.

26. Bhavika says:

27. rach says:

hey thanks! haha, about the ‘Welcome to a place where…’ thing–that was the format I was asked to follow, and which my boss, for some reason, decided to break. As for the third ad, I’m still in awe of his writing, specially that one line: “Where being alone is different from being lonely”…

28. rach says:

29. Bhavika says:

Yes! I know, I also love it. Also the ‘school reunions happen everyday’ bit. It’s so sad that these will probably never be used. You won’t get to see any of this work in print! And that’s stupid, ‘cuz all this is actually so much better than some other stuff you see on TV and in the papers. Oh well, I guess it just shows the level of work promoted at Ogilvy, huh?

30. Bhavika says:

31. ‘School reunions happen everyday’. Oh boy. Perfect formula for bankruptcy if Rachit is on the guest list. 😀

32. ‘School reunions happen everyday’. Oh boy. Perfect formula for bankruptcy if Rachit is on the guest list. 😀